Solved! Toshiba 55L621U 55L621U black screen

Apr 2, 2020
Toshiba 55L621U black screen. HaveTV for about 36 months now when I first bought it I noticed that the TV was sometimes turn itself off thought it was a energy saver feature or timer. Pay this no attention just would turn it back on ,tv would work perfect. So last night TV shuts off ,turn back on like many times before but this time ,this happen TV logo comes on screen goes off as normal but power lit flashing, tv screen goes black so i know something else wrong ,called the repair shop and they thinks that is the backlighting a very expensive repair so since I'm a do-it-yourself person, i taking the back panel off plug power back up and noticed all the backlight panel lights are on then i checked the main board for blown capacitors or fuse ,couldn't visually see any what is your advice

Solution
Start replacing parts, power board, system board. It may not fix things though, quite a few people bought parts and can't get their sets working. Since the TV is probably out of warranty not much to do here. If it was me, I'd buy a used working set instead of spending the money on parts. If you look around a bit you can get a 55-65" TV for 200-400.
Start replacing parts, power board, system board. It may not fix things though, quite a few people bought parts and can't get their sets working. Since the TV is probably out of warranty not much to do here. If it was me, I'd buy a used working set instead of spending the money on parts. If you look around a bit you can get a 55-65" TV for 200-400.

Reactions: Carla D70
Solution
Apr 2, 2020
thank you that's what I started to do I found the power supply board on eBay for about $30 and it seems to be a popular part so I said if worse comes to worse I could just resell it back again. And my final idea is just to go ahead and like you said by another television but I see so many people throwing away their brand new TVs that's probably only a couple of years old my idea is to sell the parts if I can on eBay it's not going to hurt anyting even if I make 20 bucks is better than just seeing all your money throwing in the garbage dumpster

thank you that's what I started to do I found the power supply board on eBay for about $30 and it seems to be a popular part so I said if worse comes to worse I could just resell it back again. And my final idea is just to go ahead and like you said by another television but I see so many people throwing away their brand new TVs that's probably only a couple of years old my idea is to sell the parts if I can on eBay it's not going to hurt anyting even if I make 20 bucks is better than just seeing all your money throwing in the garbage dumpster

Sure you can sell it for parts, but since you don't know what part is bad, you would basically have to send the TV, and shipping a large and heavy TV box is likely to be more than the actual value of the TV. It may be better to try to sell the thing locally so someone can just pick up the whole thing from you. I have seen a lot of people still doing sales on craigslist by leaving things out for the person to pick up on the porch or something.