Toshiba 55T6863DB issues. Flashing LED and unresponsiveness

Sep 9, 2018
First of all I'm not sure if this the correct place to ask this. I've tried posting this on the official Toshiba forums twice but I'm met with error 403 each time, and on their official help page they directly link to TomsHardware so I hope this is alright.

A few months ago I bought this TV and I'm having some issues with it. First of all the standby LED will flash green and red when turning the TV off via the remote and the flashing can persist for around a minute sometimes, while not a huge issue it is rather annoying. I have consulted the manual and there is some information such as scanning for channels when in standby but as far as I am aware all settings like that are disabled.

Secondly sometimes when turning the TV on it will be unresponsive and "freeze". I turn the TV on via the remote but it will just stay on a black screen and will not respond to either the remote or the switch on the back, I am forced to unplug it from the mains power and plug it back in which causes the TV to then work normally.

I'm hoping there are some easy fixes to these and that I won't have to file a return or anything like that.

Any help is appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
4freedomssake Streaming Video & TVs 4
MinnieLee712 Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 0