Toshiba A300 Sudden Crash-to-reboot (Is the Laptop dead ?)

DkmenchaR

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
I have an Toshiba A300 (2007 +-) and its giving me crash every time I try booting any OS ! I've tried Windows 7, Ubuntu, Kali linux, and I could only boot into safemode (Windows) and Failsafe (Kali)! if I manage to boot normaly, definitly it will crash when opening desktop or while booting the OS... A very strange sudden crash though...

I tried to do a clean install of Windows and when the progress is starting, it crashes... AGAIN !
I cleaned the Hardware , rectified all the components (Rams, ram slots, CPU & GP with thermal paste etc..) and no fix... What could it be ? No chance of repair ?

Regards

Hi,

I would test the HDD and RAM first before proceeding. If you have 2 RAM sticks take one off and try installing Windows once again. If that doesn't work try removing the HDD and put it into another PC and see if you'll be able to do a clean install of Windows using it into another PC or laptop. If both troubleshooting steps will not work I would start by replacing the HDD and try installing Windows or other OS in it.

DkmenchaR

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
Hi , thansk for the fast reply !

HHD isn't the problem, cause I have Windows 7 on the HDD, and when I booted into Kali, it was from a Live CD 'cause i was doing backup of the HDD in my dekstop... The in Ubuntu, but no luck...

RAM same thing.... tried with some other DDR2 I have from older computers and testes any combo i could (RAM1 --> SLOT 1 & 2 / RAM 2 ---> SLOT 1&2 / BOTH) same thing... only Safe mode in windows and failsafe on kali are able to boot, the others just crash the PC...