Toshiba booting issue

Jun 8, 2018
I was given a Toshiba satellite c655d-s5200 with windows 7 home premium OA pre installed and product key sticker
The 1st time I turned it on it said
ATHEROS PCIE ETHERNET CONTROLLER
CHECK CABLE CONNECTION
EXITING INTEL PXE ROM
NO BOOTABLE DEVICE- INSERT BOOT DISK.
I changed some things in the set up utility page and now it jus says
NO BOOTABLE DEVICE- INSERT BOOT DISK.
I dont have a boot disk jus a USB flash drive
And it doesn't say nothing by the HDD/SDD, FDD or LAN in the BIOS settings, I think I have to up date the hard drive but I dont how what kind it is or how to find it.
Also in the Set up Utilitys main page it only lets me change the system date, time and language. The other selections are in grey text and it scrolls pass them. Idk if thats normal or not
Because it Im not original owner its hard getting certan info n help about this laptop on the Toshiba support page so im hopin to get any help tryin to get it up and running without having to spend extra money on a replacement part or taking it to get it repaired and also without needing a CD disk
below are the PCs info that I could gather up for more details in order to have a better idea of how to help me

Serial# YB114057Q
Part# PSCOYO-018001
ACN # 001-320-421
IC : 2484 DPA 3A3 9W
RADIO DEVICE -PA389U-IMPU
BIOS VERSION 1.60
ES VERSION 1.40
CPU TYPE : AMD C-50 PROC

Solution
Seems like there is no hard drive in the system, you'd have to buy one. If the drive is missing there may also be a special cage for the drive for that model. You would need to open it and look to see if it's there. The drive is simply under a bottom panel that comes off. If there is no drive cage for it, you would need to buy one of those.

I'd suggest getting a solid state drive, from the sound of things you should not need anything over a smaller one, 120 GB should be fine. Does not sound like you would be doing a lot of things with larger files like uncompressed movies and that system is much too slow for gaming.
Seems like there is no hard drive in the system, you'd have to buy one. If the drive is missing there may also be a special cage for the drive for that model. You would need to open it and look to see if it's there. The drive is simply under a bottom panel that comes off. If there is no drive cage for it, you would need to buy one of those.

I'd suggest getting a solid state drive, from the sound of things you should not need anything over a smaller one, 120 GB should be fine. Does not sound like you would be doing a lot of things with larger files like uncompressed movies and that system is much too slow for gaming.

Solution