Toshiba cursor jumps during typing

Ceejay65

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
I have a toshiba laptop and too often now I might be typing away and all of a sudden my cursor will jump up and I end up overwriting my own typing or it will highlight and delete ... this is extremely frustrating when I am trying to take lecture notes and I end up getting distracted dealing with issue and miss out on what has been said.

terenz

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Do you have TaptoClick enabled on your mouse/cursor pad? If so, may be overly sensitive and you may have some physical obstruction that is causing the left button to click.

Ceejay65

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

This happens when I am typing and not even using the mouse/cursor pad..... when I am not even touching it.

terenz

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Maybe the vibration from typing. Try decreasing sensitivity. It appears to be a mechanical problem more than software (unless there is malware). Does it move when you don't go anything? Does it move when you move or jar the laptop?

Ceejay65

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

Hmm it doesn't move if the laptop is jarred or move. But I did notice a relationship between the cursor and the mouse pointer and if does move there is a better chance the cursor will move to where the mouse pointer is. But there is no consistency on what triggers it in the first place.... and to top it all off some times the pointer will get fed up and freeze on my totally.
I am reasonably quick touch typist so often I am not looking at my hands or even the screen but rather the overheads in the lecture or even just listening and typing which means I have on occasion deleted what I just wrote because the cursor and pointers were not where I expected them to be.
Sometimes I make a spelling mistake and I need to hover the pointer over the word to get the correct spelling... and it is then that the pointer will often freeze for a while....
I don't know how to adjust the sensitivity....