Toshiba E45t new battery but laptop dead

d2dcomputerrepair

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I have a Toshiba Satellite E45t-A4100, battery PA5157U-1BRS a few weeks ago the computer started shutting off on it's own and I would have to press the battery reset button to get it to work again. After 2 days of this I took the bottom off and pulled the internal battery. Upon inspection I noticed 2 of the 3 Li-Ion cell's were swollen and I knew this meant time to get a new battery. Today the new battery came in, OEM new Toshiba battery. I installed the battery, put the bottom cover back on and plugged it in and low and behold.......NOTHING!! So I unplugged the adapter and tested it first, reading 19.3v on at 3.69amp which is about right, rating on charger is 19v at 3.74 amp. Plugged into computer and testing at the header,both with and without battery plugged in is the same. At the battery there are several wires. From left to right the wires are as follow's : Red, Red, Light Brown, Yellow, Blue, White, Black, Black. When system was working the voltages when off, plugged in and charging where as follow's again from left to right : Red +6.5v, Red +6.5v, Light Brown +1.2v, Yellow +3.5v, Blue 0v (+5v when battery installed but not plugged in or on), White +2.5v, Black Gnd, Black Gnd. Now when plugged in with the new battery the readings are as follow's: Red +1v, Red +1v, Light Brown +.4v, Yellow +.8v, Blue 0v (no matter what), White +0.2v, Black Gnd, Black Gnd. I have no idea what is going on, I have torn this system apart and put it back together a dozen times and still nothing, I know I am most likely looking at replacing the motherboard but I would still like to find what is wrong or at least be pointed in the right direction. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS