Toshiba HDTV Offers Integrated Cell CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

sweet. if the price ever comes down into realistic territory suck at around 2 grand it would be a awesome thing.

G

so[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom] suck at .[/citation]

sorry i meant such as

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Apparently they won't let me post a youtube link demonstrating the Cell TV but if you search "Toshiba's Cell-based TV at CEATEC" on youtube you can watch it.

cabose369

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Alright.... so the TV DOES NOT ACTUALLY have an integrated cell processor as the title says it does. It sits inside an external box. That title is very misleading, especially when the 4th paragraph contradicts the title and the first half of the article.

So like audioee says, just give us the external box and I would gladly hook it up to a much better quality Samsung HDTV.

jarnail24

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
So basically they added the processor of the $300 ps3 some special tuning software to record 8 streams or maybe 8 tuners iether way and added 3tbs of storage for an extra $9000. I can do that with a $2000 htpc and get me an extinct Pioneer Kuro which is still probably one of the best displays out still.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Their Z series HDTVs came with "cell" chip for years!!!
And no, it doesn't cost a fortune and actually the only noticeable benefit was: higher quality SD -> HD upscaling.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]cabose369[/nom]Alright.... so the TV DOES NOT ACTUALLY have an integrated cell processor as the title says it does. It sits inside an external box. That title is very misleading, especially when the 4th paragraph contradicts the title and the first half of the article.So like audioee says, just give us the external box and I would gladly hook it up to a much better quality Samsung HDTV.[/citation]

Well said.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wouldn't it not matter how many hdtv streams it can record since you only technically have a single cable box? I dunno how japan works but in the US most cable/sat companies would slap you upside your head if you didn't have a box for each stream..

Status
Not open for further replies.