Solved! Toshiba L655 Laptop Questions

Sep 12, 2021
I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 that I have had for years. Tonight, I noticed it was at 47%. I have it on the wall charger at all times. I did the following things to try and fix it
  • I took the battery out, put it back in and still 47%.
  • I tried turning on the computer with just the battery and not the charging cord and it didn't turn on at all.
  • I took the battery out and did the 20 second press of the power button. I turned it on and it said it was at 100% but then it started draining again.

Is this the battery going bad or is this something else entirely?

Also with this laptop, I have had a problem with the pages being dragged to the bottom. For example, when you open an Excel file, the page will continuously go down and there is no way to pull the page back up.

I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Chances are near 100% dead battery...just hope the motherboard regulators are still good, (probably is). Check the wall supply (the AC to DC supply), it is probably running hot, another sure sign of dead battery.
The output of the supply unplugged at computer end should measure about 1 volt over it's rated output on the block. They usually run a bit higher without a load.
You don't need to pay a arm and a leg for a factory battery. I buy them all the time off Ebay from sellers with warranty's and high ratings, and they have all worked great.
But MUCHHHHH less expensive. Just make sure the mAH rating is equal or a little higher. (mAh is power capability rating).

P.S. By the by, pull the battery while you wait for the new battery, and...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Chances are near 100% dead battery...just hope the motherboard regulators are still good, (probably is). Check the wall supply (the AC to DC supply), it is probably running hot, another sure sign of dead battery.
The output of the supply unplugged at computer end should measure about 1 volt over it's rated output on the block. They usually run a bit higher without a load.
You don't need to pay a arm and a leg for a factory battery. I buy them all the time off Ebay from sellers with warranty's and high ratings, and they have all worked great.
But MUCHHHHH less expensive. Just make sure the mAH rating is equal or a little higher. (mAh is power capability rating).

P.S. By the by, pull the battery while you wait for the new battery, and just run off wall. Nothing wrong with it. I have 1 dedicated laptop to a singular task running 24/7/365 and it has no battery. If I ever need a battery for it, i will spend the money then.

Oh, just noticed the scrolling down question. Go here: Your Welcome

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 12, 2021

P.S. By the by, pull the battery while you wait for the new battery, and just run off wall. Nothing wrong with it. I have 1 dedicated laptop to a singular task running 24/7/365 and it has no battery. If I ever need a battery for it, i will spend the money then.

Oh, just noticed the scrolling down question. Go here: Your Welcome

Thank you! I ordered a battery last night from Amazon.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Hello again friend.
Are you able to measure the output voltage? AKA-----Do you have a meter? But then again, if you just remove the battery, and use the supply, and that works, you should be just fine. It's just nice to be able to verify these things.