Toshiba laptop black screen with flashing cursor

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Hi!

my Toshiba Laptop can't boot in safe mode, can't boot regularly, cant get into windows. after the toshiba logo at the start, it just leads to a black screen with a flashing cursor. someone please help me.

laptop is a toshiba m305-s4910

Tried the hardware recovery thing, which is: press and hold 0, then press the power button, then tap 0 when Toshiba logo starts. That does not work.

Tried pressing F8 to enter safe mode, that does not work either.

both of these things that i tried just leads to a black screen with a " _ " line that flashes at the upper left corner of the screen.
and when i press a button it "beeps" annoyingly.

what do i do know?

thanks in advance!

JAYR23

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
hello bellomycr..

still same problem with the blank screen..
got a toshiba satellite
a305-s6872

i did all the steps but now it says

BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

what do i do? all help is appreciated...

bellomycr

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

the reason i posted the mirror is bc the exe file that had was bad and i dont know if they have fixed it yet sorry for trying to help people

bellomycr

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
it is easyer sometimes to be able to walk people though this on instant messanger systems then posting on here sorry didnt know that i broke a rule by posting my on email.

Proximon

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Feel free to exchange any personal info you like in private messages, but posting such in a thread is a very bad idea and is not allowed so as to protect YOU. And before you say you'll risk it, remember that you are also setting an example. That's why we will remove personal info whenever we see it, and perhaps even do more if that doesn't work.

Most if not all bellomycr's posts to Tom's are in this one thread and on this single issue. Perhaps he or she should post a definitive answer and prevent this necro thread being dragged up every year for the next ten. It is also quite with Forum Rules to publish his e-mail address as part of his Member Website in his Profile. Those of us who do presumably risk being sold to Spammers but speaking personally, I don't see any increase is Spam since joining Tom's nearly two years ago.

bellomycr

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
i am currently rewriteing steps for fixing this issue so it is better explained and things like the bootmgr missing is easy to fix
also i want to give credit to http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ for there free software that is great for fixing this issue.
just bare with me for 2 days and i will put up the new post to take care of all these issues

bellomycr

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
most people with this problem can not run these programs but i have try fixboot fixmbr and bootrec and they havent worked. none of those programs will march the partition active

vetteman1969

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

how do I get in touch with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.