Toshiba laptop disk space limited to 32GB

lockie8

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
I have a Toshiba CL45-C4370 that has only 32GB of eMMC disk space. I installed Windows 10 and it doesn't even have enough space to install additional updates. Such a shame that a nice laptop is forever stuck at 32GB disk space. I guess I can put in an SD card, but will that be fast enough?

Solution

Put in an SD card, add Program Files, and Program Files (x86), then create hard links to those from the root of the 32gb EMMC drive.

EMMC is about the same speed as an SD card as well. I installed Windows 10 on a Chromebook with only 16GB of space, 32GB should be plenty. I did the hard links to the SD card as well, so it treats those folders on the SD card as if they were part of the main drive.

EquineHero

Estimable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Put in an SD card, add Program Files, and Program Files (x86), then create hard links to those from the root of the 32gb EMMC drive.

EMMC is about the same speed as an SD card as well. I installed Windows 10 on a Chromebook with only 16GB of space, 32GB should be plenty. I did the hard links to the SD card as well, so it treats those folders on the SD card as if they were part of the main drive.

Solution