Toshiba Laptop is not charging at all

May 31, 2018
I have issue with my Toshiba C50 A490 lap top , it's not charging at all , i checked the charger and it has no issues, also tried to clean it internally and checked the motherboard all ok , after turning it on error shown RTC battery low and laptop started up for one min then shut down as it's not charging.checked the battery and it in perfect condition.
Please help

Solution
Unless you were able to test the battery in another device, just the overall appearance of it will not have any effect on if it is in need of replacing or not. Try the following and see if it has any effect.

I know you said it is not charging, when the laptop is on, but what about when it is turned off? Not hibernate or sleep but actually powered off? If it will charge when turned off, just not when on, then the charger is probably your issue. One sign of a charger going bad is that it won't put out enough power to both run the device and charge the battery, so it will only charge it when the device is turned off.

If, however, it won't charge even when off, then your battery is the more likely culprit.
May 31, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mahmoudoki : "RTC batter low in toshiba"

I have Toshiba C50 A490 has error message
RTC batter low , so does this may affect lap top to be working entirely with or without the charger?
Please advice

Unless you were able to test the battery in another device, just the overall appearance of it will not have any effect on if it is in need of replacing or not. Try the following and see if it has any effect.

I know you said it is not charging, when the laptop is on, but what about when it is turned off? Not hibernate or sleep but actually powered off? If it will charge when turned off, just not when on, then the charger is probably your issue. One sign of a charger going bad is that it won't put out enough power to both run the device and charge the battery, so it will only charge it when the device is turned off.

If, however, it won't charge even when off, then your battery is the more likely culprit.

Solution