This is the first time a a few months that I've started up my Toshiba Laptop. It will show the start-up scream along side the f2 and f12 features, but will remain black with the back-light on. The only way I found to get around this is by removing the battery. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem with the battery in tact?
Intel Pentium 2.0GHz
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then put them back together and see if it will boot up normally or not with the battery.
- Next to try would be to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- If that will not solve the problem do also check for any BIOS update available.
- And lastly, if all these will not work do reinstall Windows itself.
- If reinstalling Windows will still not solve the problem I would suggest replacing the battery itself.