Toshiba laptop not charging at all

Mar 2, 2018
Hi, I am using a Toshiba satellite B series laptop (can't remember the model and others). I just tried to charge the laptop but it refused to charge only the charge indicator was blinking. I removed the battery and tried to charge direct, did not work. I tried the hard reset, removed the charger and battery and held down the power button, counted to 30.still did not work. What can i do please?

Solution
There is not an official "B" series but I'm guessing it may be a satellite "c55-b" series. If this is the case the output power of the adapter you are using must be equal to "19V -- 2.37A" if you read carefully on the label for the adapter it will specify "Output Voltage" which must equal 19V and the "-- (somenumber)A" must be equal to or greater than the original "2.37A" if either number is below what the manufacturers a.c. adapter is then the ac adapter is not suited for your laptop and you need a new one. If however it IS equal to 19V and greater than or equal to 2.37A Output then the problem most likely lies in the battery.

Just want to make sure you tried to run the pc with no battery connected, just using power from the a.c...

sharp334

Great
Mar 2, 2018
If you have a digital multimeter, check the voltage between positive and negative terminals on the laptop. Then read the battery and find the operating voltage. If the operating voltage is much higher than what you measured, i.e. 9.7v vs measured 7.2v you should try replacing the battery. I am assuming you are using the correct original adapter to charge the laptop. And it is plugged into a working outlet.

sharp334

Great
Mar 2, 2018
There is not an official "B" series but I'm guessing it may be a satellite "c55-b" series. If this is the case the output power of the adapter you are using must be equal to "19V -- 2.37A" if you read carefully on the label for the adapter it will specify "Output Voltage" which must equal 19V and the "-- (somenumber)A" must be equal to or greater than the original "2.37A" if either number is below what the manufacturers a.c. adapter is then the ac adapter is not suited for your laptop and you need a new one. If however it IS equal to 19V and greater than or equal to 2.37A Output then the problem most likely lies in the battery.

Just want to make sure you tried to run the pc with no battery connected, just using power from the a.c. adapter. If you haven't tried this then definately give this a try.

Solution