Toshiba Laptop notebook windows 7 Home

poiterdude10

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hi guys just wondering if i could get some help regarding my laptop it will not connect to the internet it was working fine 3 days ago now it wont work via wireless or ethernet i have tried the instructions below but did not work also tried the power performance also but sitll nothing any other suggestions please its doing my head in :( ??

Try re-installing the driver.

Go to Device Manager (through Control Panel)
Click Network Adapters
Right Click the Ethernet, Network and WiFi Drivers, and select Uninstall.
DO NOT click the box that says "Delete all info..." leave it unchecked.
Wait a moment.
Click up the top and "Search for Plug and Play/New Hardware" and it will reinstall the Drivers.
Should hopefully fix the problem.

Solution
Are other devices able to connect to the network connection that you are trying to use? If you can, you may want to try restarting the modem/router to see if that will resolve it. If that doesn't work, I would be looking at a replacement card.
Try the following...

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the oepn windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, and your laptop won't connect via Ethernet either, then your card may need replacing. You may want to try an external one (if you can borrow one from someone) that connects through your USB port, to see if that works.

poiterdude10

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

I tried this nothing happened still :(