I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C running Windows 10 and it randomly restarts sometimes. It happened again just a few minutes ago when the laptop is plugged in. This has happened once before and I don't remember if it was plugged in or not. When it reboots itself it shows that no new updates were made and it goes on as normal.
The fans at the back were also making a lot of noise. Is it because it's overheating?
Any thoughts? And thanks!
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a test with your AC adapter as well because it can also be one factor why it shut down.
- Remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connect and observe if it will still shut down or not.
- Next is to proceed with opening your laptop and clean the inside of it.
- Remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU.
- Once done, do observe it again and see if the laptop will still randomly shut down.