Toshiba Laptop screen Magnet

Larrytf

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hey,

I own a Toshiba satellite c665 and I noticed my screen was dirty so i took the screws out and cleaned it. As doing this a magnet on the screen fell out and i'm not sure where to goes. I guessed behind the screen but when i started my laptop, nothing appeared on the screen.

I would like to know if putting the magnet back in the correct place will fix it? and is my laptop broken?

Thanks,
Nick

Solution
Hi,

First the magnet should be placed just right at the back of the plastic panel that covers the sides of the screen. The magnet is used so your laptop will know if the lid is closed or not. Also have you tried connecting an external monitor on your laptop because if you'll see a display on it that means it can be the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard. If you didn't replace the ribbon cable of the display I would suggest replacing it with a new one if the replacement display came in with one. :)
Hi,

First the magnet should be placed just right at the back of the plastic panel that covers the sides of the screen. The magnet is used so your laptop will know if the lid is closed or not. Also have you tried connecting an external monitor on your laptop because if you'll see a display on it that means it can be the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard. If you didn't replace the ribbon cable of the display I would suggest replacing it with a new one if the replacement display came in with one. :)

Solution