Toshiba laptop shuts down automatically and won't let me clean my registry (Windows 8)

CrossfaceCity

Estimable
May 21, 2015
Basically my problem is everything was fine until I downloaded an application called Bluestacks which occupied 20 GB of HDD space. I had 60 GB of space free before I downloaded it, but after I realized how much space it consumed, I uninstalled it. But unfortunately it left out 10 GB and deleted the other half so now I'm left with 40 GB, what automatically goes through my head is I need to clean the registry and cache, but now my computer shuts down for everything. The most it will let me do is view photos or listen to music but if I open Chrome for example, or open more than one tab, it lags for 10 seconds before automatically shutting down, to which I have to wait 10 minutes. I've tried to clean my registry with CCleaner but it just shuts down while it browses through my registry and there seems to be no way around it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"what automatically goes through my head is I need to clean the registry and cache," - no you don't. Did you uninstall the program using Uninstall Programs in Control Panel?

"but now my computer shuts down for everything." This usually happens with a laptop because it gets too hot. Are there any error messages?

Remove the covers and blow the dust out.