Solved! Toshiba laptop webcam/mic help?

sisymay

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
Hi, my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5300. How can I make sure the webcam and mic are working properly? I signed up with an online work at home job who said my webcam and/or microphone wasn't working properly after I did a job practice test for them. I could not tell that there was a problem when I did it. I did troubleshooting through the device manager, showing no problems. I've been looking around and can't find out how to make sure they are ok. Thanks so much!

Solution
Try using them through Skype with a friend. If it works, the problem isn't with your computer, but the place you were trying to obtain work through. The people saying it is on your end may not be techs. If that is the case, ask to speak to one of their companies techs to get it sorted on their end.
Try using them through Skype with a friend. If it works, the problem isn't with your computer, but the place you were trying to obtain work through. The people saying it is on your end may not be techs. If that is the case, ask to speak to one of their companies techs to get it sorted on their end.

Solution