Toshiba Officially Announces Glasses-free 3DTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojesa

Distinguished
-- "view point overlay technology" will allow viewers to move their heads while watching 3D content without compromising the 3D effect.--
That I need to see...even with glasses moving ones head could diminish the 3D experience.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]so far I haven't experienced 3d at all even in theaters.[/citation]
Neither has my buddy and he takes his kids to the theatre for 3d movies all the time.. His excuse is that hes only got 1 eye.. Whats yours?

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]3D is a health danger still. Instead of making these thing more serious, how about making them safer for the consumer.[/citation]
Never going to happen, at least in my lifetime. It's a hazard because it trains your eyes to false focus points for a certain perceived depth. The only way to correct that is to either make the actual depth the same as what's perceived or make the perceived depth the same as the actual. The latter is a 2d movie, and the former would likely involve 3d holographic projections.
Personally, I'll just stick to 2d. If I want 3d, I can always revert to real life.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]3D is a health danger still. Instead of making these thing more serious, how about making them safer for the consumer.[/citation]
Sitting on your couch watching TV is now dangerous?

New "sport" at the next X Games? I think I could win a gold medal.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]Sitting on your couch watching TV is now dangerous?New "sport" at the next X Games? I think I could win a gold medal.[/citation]
LOL!

No, what we'll end up with is a bunch of kids growing up with very poor eyesight and the inability to focus on items due to the exposure of each eye to a different picture (this confuses the brain and hinders visual development). Hollywood is doing society a disservice by focusing 3D technology on animated children's movies, as children are the most susceptible to the effects. Nintendo is already advising parents not to buy the 3DS for their under-6 little ones.

Of course, I think they've said something bad about every screen technology since moving pictures were invented, so we'll see.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
now thiis is the reason why I didnt buy into the glasses gimick...now this is not a gimmick and Im totally down for that when it comes to america...when its at a price I can afford ROFL.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
In related news, Toshiba has also released an announcement similar to Nintendo's (with the 3DS) regarding children under the age of 6 years old viewing 3D. Read the article here...Toshiba Echoes Nintendo's 3D Warning.

Also, the larger than 40" versions of glasses-free 3D TV's will not be available until 2012. Hurry up and wait! But don't let you kids watch TV tho...

Glasses or not, 3D TV is a gimmick...skip the 3D and give me holographic TV!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.