Toshiba P7555 - Left shift/ctrl buttons not working

bryan767

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
Hey Guys,

Iv been searching for a answer for the past few days and have not found anything. My LEFT shift and ctrl keys are not working properly.

For instance, I can only use the right shift key to capitalize all letters and create all symbols, but I cannot capitalize the letters f, r, v, (I also can not insert a money sign with either side shift key and the number 4).

I can copy, using ctrl c, but I can not use ctrl v to paste. Ctrl x works to cut, and I can use my mouse to right click and paste, its just really annoying. Iv disabled sticky keys, and if I tap shift 5 times the dialog box opens. Its really weird though because after a few restarts I was able to capitalize the letter f, and use the ctrl c/v to copy and paste some text. Then the functionality disappeared again after a few moments of the computer running.

Ive also tried to delete the keyboard driver, I removed the actual keys on the board but they were fine. Im at a lose for words. I do not have a CPU boot enhancer which apparently overrides the ctrl keys sometimes.

Please someone help!

bryan767

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
Not sure. I previously forgot to mention I also tried to restore my laptop to a week ago, with no success. I then updated the bios and all microsoft updates, scanned for viruses and ensured my registry was okay.. and those didnt work either. Shut the computer off, put it in my bag and waited a day. As we speak right now I am now able to make the capital F, and also copy and paste using the left side short cuts.

I think either this had something to do with skype taking over control of the shortcuts (I read that its a possibility) since I just uninstalled it or I had a virus.

Reason I say that is when I would log in, the computer would try to enter in a password and then it would fail, and it would enter again, and fail again.. I wasnt typing anything. I would have to turn my touchpad off and then I was able to enter my password. Or maybe my touchpad was dirty or something, I honestly don't know. But as of now, the problem has fixed itself, and ill contribute that success to updates.