Toshiba portege z20t can't install windows recovery DVD

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hi ,
I have bought new toshiba portege z20t that came with pre-installed windows 8.1 pro downgraded to windows 7 pro , inorder to get windows 8.1 pro againe toshiba company has accompanied 3 DVD recovery media for windows 8.1 with laptop and its written in instructions to switch from windwos 7 to 8.1 I have to enter bios change it from CSM mode to UEFI mode I made this and I put the first DVD in my External dvd and chose F12 then boot from ODD what happened is that Toshiba logo came in screen loading for long time with no further continue to enter /windows 8.1 installing option . I don't know how can I setup the windows

Solution
Thank you All , I solved the problem and now working with my original Win 8.1 pro Recovery ,
I copied the 3 Recovery Dvds on 1 Bootable USB stick then made clean installation , And now is working very well!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from omaer97 : "Installation of Windows 8.1 from DVD Recovery"

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
what I would do next is make a boot partition the size of the files on the first cd, and transfer the files to that partition
(if it has "setup.exe") and then click on setup.

omaer97

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Thank you All , I solved the problem and now working with my original Win 8.1 pro Recovery ,
I copied the 3 Recovery Dvds on 1 Bootable USB stick then made clean installation , And now is working very well!

Solution