Toshiba Projection TV - Fan Error

Lecterl

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
First off yes I know this is an old TV lol.

A friend gave me his Toshiba 52HM85 saying it needed a new lamp. I replaced the lamp but the LED error code I'm getting indicates it's the Fan Engine (No Green light and Red blinking at 0.5 second intervals).

I removed the back cover to expose the fan and get a better look at it. Now when I first press the power button after unplugging/plugging the fan starts up for maybe two seconds and there is a clicking sound of what I think might be the ballast trying to power on but then the fan stops and the same No-Green-Half-Second-Blinking-Red error appears.

Anyone have a clue on this? The manual says to check the power output on the supply and if it's normal to replace the fan, but at this point that's going to require me to disassemble a large part of the TV to get at the supply. Also before I order a new fan wouldn't the fan starting up and spinning for a second or two indicate the fan actually works? If the power supply is toast I just might as well toss the old TV before I waste more money on it.

Thanks;