Question Toshiba Qosmia Px30t screen not turning on

Feb 29, 2020
Since yesterday, when I try to boot up my Toshiba Qosmia Px30t, the fans work, the hard drive spins but the screen doesn't turn on. When I use it via the HDMI in Port, it works without any problems. Any ideas?

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If it is under warranty, then you need to contact the manufacturer about a repair. Now if it isn't under warranty, you can either try doing the work yourself, start with checking the cable for problems or being loose at either end. Or you can take it to a local tech.

Also, if the external monitor is using a different GPU than the main display uses, then it also could be the GPU that is the problem.

Feb 29, 2020
Alright let me explain. The Px30t is an all in one PC like an iMac. But it's built around laptop architecture so I thought this would be the right Forum. You can use its monitor as an external monitor via a HDMI-In port. This functionality still works fine,but when I use the internal PC, the screen just doesn't turn on. So the panel itself isn't the problem. The PC sadly doesn't even have an HDMI-Out port so I don't really know if the PC is even booting up, but I'm pretty sure because everything is working except for the Screen.

Feb 29, 2020
Understood. After searching a bit more, seems there are several variants.

Do you have more than one Windows system on your local network? If so, you might be able to Remote Desktop into the Qosmia to verify if it is actually booting up, or not.
I just fixed it by moving the ram from slot 1 to slot 2. Apparently it wasn't booting up correctly and I have not clue why the ram was not detectet. Anyway, thank you.