artopsy

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I have a toshiba Laptop Qosmio X505

I have finally assume there is an irq conflict with the hardware and windows 10 64bit it also happens in windows 7 64 bit

the video card, the usb, the firewire and the wireless are all on interrupt 16. This has been causing system lock up for a year or two. I finally recieved a BSOD that stated irq conflict and so i looked into it. ( I had wrongly assumed that irq conflicts were a thing of the past so never assumed that ).

no diagnostic indicates an irq conflict.

I am pretty sure it is an IRQ conflict since the ram tests well, the cpu tests well, virus scans turn up nothing. When I disable wireless, usb, and firewire (just the nvidia video enabled) the machine keeps running. when i enable usb and use something like a game pad the system locks.

I have done fresh installs, updated all drivers, installed windows updates. I have tried every bios version available for this laptop, All the bios have no setting for pci steering on or off. And no way to disable devices except legacy usb and extenal display

in device manager pci bus has no irq steering tab and for all devices the use automatic settings and change settings are grayed out.

How do I fix this????? how can I move at least the usb to an open irq 3-15 or 20-22

additional possibly relevant question
my intel i7 should have drivers that are intel. correct?
a crash dump states
a m d 6 4 f r e . r s 3 _ r e l e a s e . 1 7 0 9 2 8 - 1 5 3 4 d b g c o r e . a m d 6 4 , 1 0 . 0 . 1 6 2 9 9 . 1 5

so I looked in device manager
pci bus states AMD and the processor states intel core i7 cpu

how do I get the pci bus to intel? or is this normal ??
driver deletion and update goes AMD

artopsy

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from artopsy : "toshiba X505 w/ intel i7 driver loads AMD"

my intel i7 should have drivers that are intel. correct?
a crash dump states
a m d 6 4 f r e . r s 3 _ r e l e a s e . 1 7 0 9 2 8 - 1 5 3 4 d b g c o r e . a m d 6 4 , 1 0 . 0 . 1 6 2 9 9 . 1 5

so I looked in device manager
pci bus states AMD and the processor states intel core i7 cpu

how do I get the pci bus to intel? or is this normal ??
driver deletion and update goes AMD