Toshiba recovery without losing data

CaliAngel

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Hi there. Pls pls help. I have toshiba recovery discs and am not sure how to use it without losing data or not to damage system further. Can anyone pls pls help? There was a virus on the laptop and system kept crashing. It would take like two minutes after startup and the system restarts itself. This happened for a bit until I kept it turned off and later asked a relative about it. That's when I was told to use the recovery discs. But now, windows starts and screen is empty, only a cursor is visible. Also, I believe system is windows 7. PLS help?

Solution

If you take the hard drive and use a device like this one(make sure its compatible with your type of drive), you can copy your user folder as a backup. Just make sure to scan the...

itsVance

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

If you take the hard drive and use a device like this one(make sure its compatible with your type of drive), you can copy your user folder as a backup. Just make sure to scan the drive for viruses first or you might get the same problem on your next install.

Unless you changed defaults your user folder should contain your documents/pics/videos.

Once you finish, reinstall your drive and run the recovery. Do not copy the entire user folder back. Just sort through and choose the important files you want to keep.

Solution