Toshiba Regza LCD odd distortion

harej1234

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
My Toshiba television small has small distortions at the top of the screen. They look a little like sprocket holes on the edge of film and colour wise seems like drops of liquid on the picture. There is a picture inside the distortion "rings" that is the right colour but just slightly different so it looks like a transition. The distortion is almost like pressure has been applied or the screen squeezed at those points. They are reasonably evenly spaced across the top and extend no further then an inch or so down.

Any ideas what this might be and if or how it could be fixed? I've look online but only found situations of extreme distortions which this isn't. Thank you for your time with this inquiry.

Cheers,

James Hare

Is the distortion inside or outside of the display area? By display area I mean say you are displaying a rectangle at the exact max resolution of the TV, is the distortion within this rectangle or outside it? If it's outside it then it has nothing to do with the picture, they probably mounted the LCD a few pixels too low against the bezel, and this is potentially fixable, because otherwise I dunno how you deal with the inverse.

harej1234

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
The distortion is inside the image area. So inside the rectangle. The colour distortion is faint but noticeable especially if viewed from an angle. I've been able to photograph it but can't post images here so trying to describe as best I can. Thanks for your reply.