Toshiba Reveals More on World's Thinnest 10-inch Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hey... isn't ASUS releasing a 10" tablet with 1920x1200 for about the same price? Think I'll take that one... not quite as thin.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
7.7mm ( that's about 1/3 inch for you non-metric types)...
Nah, that is way to THINK for me.
I want it as thin as my credit cards. and foldable so I can fit it in my wallet.

Don't laugh; I can see the headline for CES 2019... "foldable vs. rollup computers"

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]SteveLord[/nom]Can they stop including garbage cameras to make them cheaper? That's what our cellphones are for.[/citation]

Agreed. The front facing camera, however, they can still include if they want in my opinion. Being able to skype on a tab is a nice option. The rear camera however... Thats just redic.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]SteveLord[/nom]Can they stop including garbage cameras to make them cheaper? That's what our cellphones are for.[/citation]

As SteveLord noted, the front camera is key. I certainly insist on being able to Skype on a tablet and it is a function that I use. This function is even more important outside of the US where cell phone communication is often more expensive (or for international communication). And in my experience as a high school teacher, the front camera also seems to be liked by kids who use it all the time for dumb things. So the front camera should stay for both serious purposes and other uses.

The rear camera though... its dumb. I mean who goes around taking pictures with their tablet?

So front camera good, rear camera dumb.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Can you stop being newb and mindlessly chase higher number instead?
Even 5mp is TOO MUCH for crappy lens found on cellphones/tablets.

They keep pushing numbers up, only because many consumers are clueless to actually choose 8mp over 5mp "cameras" with 2mm lens.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]The rear camera though... its dumb. I mean who goes around taking pictures with their tablet?[/citation]
I do. In fact, rarely to take pictures, but rather often when using skype and the likes, to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.