Toshiba satelite laptop shuts down while playing games.

allidsarebusy

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Good time of the day every one.

My laptop (Satellite S50-B-13D) shuts down while playing some games. I know it's a common issue and i had it before as well when my laptop was overheating.
But in this case it's different, it only happens when i'm playing certain games - Shogun total war 2 and Pillars of eternity.

With other games you can feel that he's getting warmer, but other then that everything is ok.
With those 2 games it just shuts down like after 5-10 minutes of playing. Fan spins fast, but laptop itself is not really getting warm as it has no time. And then it shuts down.

I've updated everything but nothing helps.

It' s not the end of the life, but would be nice if there was some solution for that.

allidsarebusy

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hey, yes. I also have cooling pad underneath it, that's makes it all more weird. When i play other games i can feel him getting warmer just by touching it, but he keeps working just fine. With high demanding (Which i can't really play anyways ;)) ) he gets really warm and does shuts down as well, but you don't have to measure cpu temperature, you can just feel that he's hot.
With those 2 games it just happens.
Also, if we're at it,is it a good idea to change the thermal paste after 2 years of good use and is it hard to do by yourself?