Toshiba Satelite No wall plug indicator,no boot pwr

S mitchase

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
I've gone down a road that normally common sense takes care of it own... U505-S2950 Tosh Sat started with batt issues the evolved to a no boot issue. Two ^cell batts then got wiser and hit the internet. DC plug trouble shot but Amazon $13 was to tempting.installed to no avail 1 time it powered up after a plethora of main power pushes( rolling, 1,3,5,second holds, quick pushes) you get the idea. but one of those and holding / pushing on plug into new DC plug worked. booted, finished charging (new) battery.I let it do it's thing but didn't really need to do anything on it so I just left it (not wanting to turn it off) Next morning ,dead and unresponsive. back down and into it a day or so later( I'm getting really faster all 80 screws...) 19.1 on the adapter 19.1 on the motherboard
conn is to small to check unconnected DC plug so... M Board and or power sw? I'm about to order both and have stripped board in hand. Did I miss something? Just dont see M board not booting the lap tp just sits. It's the wifes and it never leaves the liv room. Please advise.B4 I spend $100 I don't trust refurb boards but nothing but the best for her... LOL thanks in advance guys...Scott

plaintuts

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Was that a rap song or something?

Anyways, try this first

Remove the battery, use the a/c adapter only then try to boot up the laptop

If nothing happens, then two possibilities

A/c adapter is broken or the charging pin on the mainboard is shot, also the ic chip

S mitchase

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
Plaintuts~~~ I have another AC that puts 19.3v no change meter shows ac is stepped down to the 19.1 and 19.3 which is sitting on the M bd Toshiba's DC plug has harness and conn to Bd some 6 inches away....19 there. still no pwer up You say board or power sw? (which is actually a tiny board with a tinier micro.)

S mitchase

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015

P~ is the IC board separate from the mother board?