toshiba satelite will not boot after windows update

Aug 13, 2018
Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983 crashed during software update. Now will not boot successfully. Upon boot up it tried to repair software. Unable to repair so it only allows me to shut down. Was trying to update Video driver. Tried Bios option to start in 640 x 480 mode. Also will not help. Unable to boot into safe mode either. I have many hours invested in adding my software I need. Any suggestions before I do a factory restore?
Kind regards,
Ed

Lutfij

Splendid
Often when you've encountered the issue you've stated,it's best if you recreate your bootable installer for Windows 10(assuming) and reinstall your OS. You should also make it a healthy habit of backing up your critical data if this happens often. It should be happening often if you're on Windows 10. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop?

You can try removing the battery, holding down the power button for 30 seconds(without the wall adapter plugged in) and replace the battery to power up.

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks but this laptop is old enough to now have the resources for Windows 10, running Windows 7. As I stated it will not boot successfully. Also unable to do the system restore by using the 0 (Zero key) and the power button. Got the system from a Pawn Shop. Thinking I just may return it and let them fight with it. Either asking for a refund or another laptop.