Toshiba Satellite Audio Splitting Problems

tammyfatcats

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
Hi, I am having problems with my Toshiba Satellite C55D-C5271. The laptop has one audio port and my headset has a separate audio inputs for the headphones and the microphone. One day, I got an audio splitter and I was so happy until I found out it did not solve the problem at all. Every time I used it, the headphones volume would decrease tremendously that it sounds like 10% volume on 100%. The microphone does not work either. I've used the Realtek Audio Manager and select "Headphone with Microphone", but it still won't detect the microphone. The only way it could work was through only leaving the microphone in the audio port then I'll have to use my laptop's speakers to hear the recordings. Sometimes I take the microphone's input out then put in the head phone's input. Also, when I'm on Skype, my family can't hear me when I use my headphones because the microphone just magically stops working. I am really stumped on how to solve this issue so I feel as though reaching out to you guys would help. My question is: How can to make it so that a Toshiba Satellite C55D-C5271 detect headphones and microphone?

If you need any information about my laptop that might be helpful....
Sound - Realtek HD Audio (Devices say there is an AMD HD Audio Device too)
Headphones & Microphone - Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Audio Splitter - Calvin Klein 2 (I may need better audio splitters)

tammyfatcats

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015

My computer says my driver is up-to-date and the website shows a driver that's older than the one I already installed. Do I still uninstall and then reinstall that old driver?