Toshiba Satellite black screen

Mario-G

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Hi,

I have an Toshiba satellite A210-1AO. Two days now when I am turning on my Laptop the screen stays black (no backlight and picture) and the boot progress does not seem right. I disassemble it clean it and apply again paste (nothing). Then I removed the bios battery cause it was dead, and then the graphics card. I test it without the graphics card and the screen now has the backlight on and it seems that it boots and them it beeps (this I think is because I have remove the bios battery). My question is that if replacing the graphics card will fix the problem or it may have a motherboard issue.

Thanks in advance,
Mario

Hi Mario-G,

One thing you try to determine if this is really a motherboard problem or the graphics card is first just install the CMOS battery back but not the graphics card yet, if the PC boots back up now reinstall the graphics card again. If PC did don't boot back up that could be a clear indicator that your graphics has gone bad already.

Mario-G

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

I tryed that! without the gpu the laptop can be turned off instantly with one click of the power button. The lighted satellite logo on the buttom of the keyboard is lighted (not the screen) and the screen has backlight. It seems a like normal boot but it does not load windows maybe are corrupted at the moment. The hdd access led flashes for a moment only.

With the gpu in place the logo stays black the screen stays black and as I can understand it does not access the hdd (no flash of the hdd led) it access only the cd.