Toshiba Satellite C55-A5282 won't charge

canoncolorado68

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
It is totally dead and the white light in front doesn't come on when charger is connected. We just replaced our original charger that broke with a universal one that works with our model. It has a different connector but charged laptop fine. After installing the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 is another concern because it hasn't charged since then either. Bought the laptop new in 2013, could it need a new battery? Please help

Solution
will still powerup even without the battery. check that the power adapter still works using a multi-meter or another laptop.

canoncolorado68

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015

Thanks for helping- Don't have another laptop and I will have to wait to get my husband's multi-meter when he gets home. I did remove the battery and plugged in power adapter and the white light came on and the power button flashes every few seconds. I have a protection plan on it and can send it to be looked at but if its something that I can do without sending it off I'd rather do that.

canoncolorado68

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
With no battery and no power adapter plugged in I held down the power button for 30 seconds and inserted battery and adapter and I now have a amber light on and the white light next to it flashes every few seconds but still not powering on.