Status
Not open for further replies.

malti

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
Toshiba C55A Laptop, with genuine OEM windows 8.1 4gb ram with Celeron dual core processor.The Synaptic V7 touch pad stopped working.

It stopped working when :

Windows update failed
Did a system restore
Re-installed updates
Touch pad still not working
Microsoft tech suggested windows re-instal due corrupt files.
Re-installed windows, problem persists

At the Device Manager:

Uninstalled the touch pad driver
Re-installed various versions of the driver, including the latest one from windows update
Still the problem persists
I am working with a usb mouse 1
HELP !

Solution
The timing sounds like a coincidence. You seem to have played around with the driver as much as you can. I think you have a touchpad that just failed on you (that or the cable for it is loose or faulty).

But just in case: Check for a hotkey toggle on the keyboard. Some laptops have hotkeys that will enable/disable the touchpad. Make sure that's not all it is.
The timing sounds like a coincidence. You seem to have played around with the driver as much as you can. I think you have a touchpad that just failed on you (that or the cable for it is loose or faulty).

But just in case: Check for a hotkey toggle on the keyboard. Some laptops have hotkeys that will enable/disable the touchpad. Make sure that's not all it is.

Solution

RandyB_Wisconsin

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015

Paul, I am having a similar problem. Can you describe what the "EFI bios" issue was and how you resolved it? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.