Toshiba Satellite C655D black screen issue. HELP!!!!

dhanks2010

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I have a friend whose laptop is a satellite C655D-S5200, the screen has gone black. the lights come on, when I press the power button, I can hear the dvdrom running, and I can feel the hard drive kick up, but I have no screen at all. There is no way to get into the BIOS to change anything now, and the recovery data disk can't even run, due to the boot sequence. I ahve tried every suggestion, and process that I have found in this form, and the toshiba site. It is no longer under warranty. could someone please help me get the screen back, so that I can repair the rest. My friend thinks he remembers seeing something about a BIOS update, right before it crashed. HELP!!!!

marmalademan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Could be the power inverter for the backlight. Take off the lid behind the screen and shine a light through the screen. If you can see the desktop, then you know it's the backlight.

dhanks2010

Honorable
May 20, 2013

dhanks2010

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I recently was finally able to get to checking the backlight inverter, and as per your instruction........THAT is not the issue....UGH! I plugged in and powered on the laptop, while I had the laptop open, and the internal fan was not running. Although, when I did this the memory and the hard drive both were not in it. Shouldn't the internal fan run, eventhough the memory sticks and HD are out of the machine?????

Thank you for your assistance, Do you by chance have any other suggestions for me?

thank you again

marmalademan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010

Without the hd in you won't be able to get to the desktop. I'm pretty positive you won't be able to get to bios without the memory in. I would put at least the memory back in, and see if you can see the bios screen. Although you might have to look a little harder to see the bios versus the desktop.

TRENDING THREADS