Toshiba Satellite C850D-107 Laptop

johninafix

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi
Can anybody help with my problem, its with a Toshiba Satellite C850D-107 laptop. (windows 7)
i started recovery to clean hard drive as computer was slow (which stated 27 hours), 1 hour into recovery the power went off and battery too low, computer shut down.
When I tried to reboot, it kept shutting down without me getting the menu's up on the screen. Now when i turn it on, no beeps at all, the power light is on and the fan is running also the hard drive light is solid with no flashing. Black screen with nothing on it.
The dvd drive works, but when i fit the startup disc, it just spins and will not read it.
Information from the internet states BIOS needing reset, so i shorted the jumpers near the CMOS battery several times, but no luck. Someone else states , if you change the Ram Memory, it will sort out the problem 90% of the time. Would this be the answer ?
Would the shutdown during recovery damage the ram memory ?
I hope someone can help me with my problem, its like banging your head against a brick wall.
Many thanks
John

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Have you tried booting it and repeatedly pressing f8?

- What this will do is that it will launch startup recovery. Select the "Repair My Computer" option :)

Sam

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

I would leave it on for a few hours then. Windows may be recovering itself because as you said, there is constant HDD activity going on. Leave it for about 3 hours most and come back to it :)

- Sam

johninafix

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015