Question Toshiba satellite dead no lights no power

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Hi guys

I have a laptop I have been using for a while with no problems and all of a sudden it won't turn on and no lights and when I connect ac charger no lights to show charger connected.

I tried discharging by removing battery and charger and pressing power for 30 to 50 seconds then placing charger back and pressing power no power no lights.

I tested charger with meter it shows correct voltage.

I tested ac jack from the socket to the cable socket that connects to motherboard and motherboard was receiving power. There was a moment where when testing the ac jack port on the mother board causing bright spark but luckily no smoke and no damage as motherboard still receiving power.

I checked the smaller ports that connect to extension boards like power button board and speaker and they were receiving power but when I took the fan cable out and tested the socket pins there was no voltage drop and no power as there was no voltage drop across the resistor for each pin. So I'm thinking that maybe because there is no power at the fan socket that is the reason it's not working. Why it is not receiving power is a mystery. I also checked the fuse near the ac jack port on the motherboard and it was intact and was showing closed connection.

I don't know what to do now or what further tests to do.

Would appreciate your help.

Laptop is s Toshiba Satellite Pro C70-B-14Z.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1