Cscript

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
My computer was woking perfectly find, I shut it down, and then now when i turn it back in it has a green light and it turns back on, but the display wont turn on. The orange light that turns on when it turns on normally doesnt work either. Please help! It is a toshiba satellite l series. I tried some solutions such as taking the battery out and putting it back in but it still doesnt work.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor either, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem and it will need replacing. Which may mean the motherboard will need replacing.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor either, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem and it will need replacing. Which may mean the motherboard will need replacing.

Solution