Solved! Toshiba satellite l305 s5875 wont boot after Windows Vista update

butcherbuppin

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Ok.. I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 s5875, and I did the Windows updates and now when I turn it on there is a flashing cursor in the top-left corner for a minute or so and then the Toshiba logo screen comes up and it just sits there. It will not allow me to enter setup or anything. I have been doing some research and I am guessing one option would be to reset the BIOS. If anyone has any other suggestions I would be grateful...

Solution
If you didn't change anything in the BIOS, you shouldn't need to reset the BIOS. Sounds like you may have another problem. To enter the BIOS, you usually have to press F1, or F2, or DEL when power is first applied (different vendors and models use different keys) to enter the BIOS. Once there, you should be able to see the settings for your devices. Look closely at the HDD settings to ensure the system is detecting it properly. It may just be you updated a failing HDD (and didn't know it).

Something else to check would be to see if Toshiba provides any sort of diagnostics software for your model to see if you have another problem.

Good luck!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you didn't change anything in the BIOS, you shouldn't need to reset the BIOS. Sounds like you may have another problem. To enter the BIOS, you usually have to press F1, or F2, or DEL when power is first applied (different vendors and models use different keys) to enter the BIOS. Once there, you should be able to see the settings for your devices. Look closely at the HDD settings to ensure the system is detecting it properly. It may just be you updated a failing HDD (and didn't know it).

Something else to check would be to see if Toshiba provides any sort of diagnostics software for your model to see if you have another problem.

Good luck!!!

Solution