toshiba satellite l305-S5946 32-bit windows vista won't restore factory settings

Diablura

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Hi! I used the Toshiba Recovery Wizard to recover default software, but a keep getting this message: "Install Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click OK to restart computer, and then restart the installation." Every time a I keep clicking OK, the laptop restarts, loads and then the same message appear. I don't have the initial disc. What can I do, please?

Hello Diablura

If I am understanding correctly, you have already used he recovery disc and Windows Vista has recovered but with the error. Please correct me if I am assuming things incorrectly.

If you are able to boot to the Windows, it is unlikely that there is any hardware issue. It seems that your operating system (and even the recovery file) is no longer compatible with your PC. The possible reason may be that you have modified any hardware in your laptop or any hardware is damaged which is making some device drivers incompatible or orphan.

In any case, if you have access to, you can use a Windows installation disc to start the PC and then choose the Repair your computer option from the first box that comes up.

Let me know if this works. Good Luck!!

Diablura

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Hi! Thank you for your recommendation, but it didn't work: I used the disc that someone was nice enough to lend me, but at the final stage (the final installation) the system gave the same message and loop as before. I am going to try a complete reformat: delete everything and start from scratch.

By the way, I am doing this because my laptop started doing long repairs and later unannounced shutdowns after the last Security Windows Updates. I didn't make any modifications to my hardware: I don't even know how to make them. The only other thing I think could have made a damage was the installation/uninstallation of SpeedMyComputer: big mistake.

Thank you again.

Hello again Diablura

Can you please check if you can start Windows in safe mode?

If you can enter into the safe mode, can you please try restoring Windows to an earlier restore point for me? You can get the step-by-step instructions on how to restore your computer from the safe mode from here.

If you can enter into the safe mode, and the restoring Windows option fails, you can manually uninstall the most recent security update that you installed. Also, from the safe mode itself, you can uninstall the SpeedMyComputer software from the Control Panel.

If every solution described above fails, you can go for the clean system format as the last resort.

Good Luck!!