Toshiba Satellite L350 laptop - turn off touchpad

eager to learn

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016
I'm trying to turn off the touchpad.

All the YouTube videos show in Control Panel > Mouse >Advanced tab you can disable touchpad.

Toshiba Satellite L350-ST2121 has is NO Advanced tab under Mouse nor Keyboard under Device Manager.

There are no other indications anywhere under Device Manager where you can turn off touchpad

If I press and hold down the FN Key and then press F9 (icon of a monitor and a line through a monitor next to it) - nothing happens.

There is no button near the space bar to toggle on/off.

The laptop is over 12 months old so Toshiba does not support it anymore.

Dell laptops are not like this nor are other Toshiba laptops.

You would have to own.use this Toshiba Satellite L350-ST2121 model to know how to turn off the touchpad.

Are there any Toshiba Satellite L350-ST2121 owners/users who have turned off the3 touch pad on this laptop?

Could you please share how you did that?

Thank you!

2/29/2016 Monday - Update -

Hi All,

After poking around quite a bit, I found no Toshiba drivers.

I found the drivers for the Touchpad from the Toshiba site and installed them.

I then found a new tab under Mouse and Pointing devices and there I disabled the touchpad.

Warning: anyone needing to download touchpad drivers - be sure to disable the touchpad for *every* user.

Thank you all for all you your hel!

Solution
It's sure if you uninstall the touchpad, Windows will installs it right away, what you need is to "disable" the touchpad. If you don't see anything for disabling, you're not the right place.
If you uninstalled the driver and Windows installs automatically after, what you can try is to remove the battery and adapter, hold down the power button for one minute, reconnect everything, start and with the Fn key and F9 try to disable the touchpad.

I had a Satellite of similar vintage. If Fn+F9 doesn't work, try just pressing F9. On my Satellite, the procedure for the F keys was backwards. Worth a try, anyway.

He already did that and it's not functioning, did you read the question before you answered?

eager to learn

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016

eager to learn

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016
For everyone who's posted so far...

I've tried F9, FN + F9, tapping the touch pad and I appreciate the sharing of the manual but it says to look under Hardware and Sound - there is none under Windows 7. There is no touch pad listed anywhere under Device Manager or anywhere on this laptop, Thanks.

eager to learn

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016

Hi,

My apologies for responding later rather than sooner. Under Hardware I have HID-Compliant Mouse and PS/2 Compliant Mouse.

Thank you!

No need to apologize, the PS/2 Compliant Mouse is your TouchPad, so if you click on it in the Device Manager, can you see where you can disable it?

eager to learn

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016

I had visited that and clicked to uninstall the PS/2 Mouse it but when I re-boot the PC it automatically instals it again. Not sure what to do next?

It's sure if you uninstall the touchpad, Windows will installs it right away, what you need is to "disable" the touchpad. If you don't see anything for disabling, you're not the right place.
If you uninstalled the driver and Windows installs automatically after, what you can try is to remove the battery and adapter, hold down the power button for one minute, reconnect everything, start and with the Fn key and F9 try to disable the touchpad.

Solution