Toshiba Satellite L770 Blinking LEDs - No Power

neverforget98

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L770. The first two LEDs turn on for two seconds and with the battery in, so does the battery light. Following this the 5th light (from the left) faintly blinks. If the battery is in, this light goes out, and does not come back on. The laptop will not power on, and these lights continue to flash. We previously had a problem with the DC Adapter so I replaced it. This made no difference. I have tried it with and without RAM, HDD, DVD Drive, Connector disconnected and reconnected. Everything has been reseated. I have tried three different power adapters all compatible with this model and I just cannot get it to work. The laptop battery was replaced recently (approximately 6 months ago).

I am out of luck on figuring out what is wrong with this. Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

I was to suggest the troubleshooting steps that you've already tried and if all those won't fix the problem you may have a bad motherboard there. I would suggest in replacing the motherboard it self but it may not be cheap and getting a new laptop maybe better than replacing it.

neverforget98

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015

I was hoping someone was to have a solution to this and then I wouldn't have to resort to that - but you may be right sadly :(

Marcusmalik

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015