Toshiba Satellite L770 LCD issue

Tooget

Estimable
May 24, 2014
so my lcd screen was blinking (black screen then perfect display) every 2-3 mins so i decided to open my laptop and clean around the cable. So once i removed the cable and cleaned with alcohol and put it back in, lcd went completely white.

Thinking it was a LCD issue i tested it with a working LCD screen and the same issue, I am waiting on a lcd cable that i have ordered. But i don't think thats the issue either let me explain..

While my lcd was completely white i used HDMI port, and the pc output adaptor .. everything was fine display on samsung tv when my laptop lid was closed which would put it to (HDMI only mode).

this worked fine for 2-3 days now i cant use that either.

with lid open it freezes hdmi output and lcd turns on white.. then changes resolution etc.

with the lid closed it just basically every 30secs to 1 min freezes picture and gets it again working fine

my question is is my motherboard gone? i think the geforce nvidia is inbuilt.

so basically i use the computer now via pc port and every 20secs have to wait while it blinks from laptop to monitor then stabilizes for 20 seconds to use it. if anyone can help i would appreciate it, my only option now is to take it to a repair shop or buy a new laptop

thanks for any help

Tooget

Estimable
May 24, 2014
hey the new lcd definite doesn't work, but if you mean wait for the cable also yeah i was planning on doing that.

When i do open it up i just see one big chip (motherboard) and everything is attached to that, so i was thinking the graphix must be integrated.

Tooget

Estimable
May 24, 2014
yeah i thought that too until i opened it and could only see one big chip and fan.

yep i will wait for the cable test that out, then look at taking it to a repair shop. its a awesome computer otherwise, treated me really good would be sad to let it go just like that.

thanks again for your help

Tooget

Estimable
May 24, 2014
now here is something really weird. last night i watched a show via pc output

and it worked perfectly fine, for the 50 mins or so then later on in the night it again started to blink from monitor to lcd ?which is still white