Solved! Toshiba satellite L850-1P2 laptop boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2020
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L850-1P2 laptop.
I broke the screen accidentally and I sent it to a laptop service. After I got my computer I turned it on and my screen was black and there was a little white line on the left top of the screen. The screen sometimes turs completely black, and then turns on again with black screen and this white line. Then i waited for 10 minutes and my laptop finally turned on. Sometimes its random, how fast is turnes on. So it boots very slowly. And I don’t know why is it doing that.
So, I ordered a new SSD, switched the old one, and I put new thermal compound on the processor. Now my computer does the exact same thing except it won’t turn on and this black screen-white line thing goes forever. Thank you for helping me.

Solution
Did the SSD work for installing windows with this laptop and after restarting it didn´t boot?

unplug the battery and remove the CMOS battery. Push the power button for about 5 seconds
reinsert the CMOS battery with the plus visible
insert the battery as well, try booting

if this won´t work, remove the SSD
only install one RAM module, eventually switch modules if it doesn´t boot as well

to get into BIOS it should be F2 or F8
for boot menu hit F12
Apr 28, 2020
Did you install windows on the SSD with this laptop?

Load default settings in BIOS, eventually update the BIOS
set the boot order correctly in BIOS

Thank you for your reply. Yes i have installed the windows on the new SSD. And I tried every button-combination to open BIOS, because i wanted to update it , but the BIOS won’t open. What can I do?

Last edited:
Did the SSD work for installing windows with this laptop and after restarting it didn´t boot?

unplug the battery and remove the CMOS battery. Push the power button for about 5 seconds
reinsert the CMOS battery with the plus visible
insert the battery as well, try booting

if this won´t work, remove the SSD
only install one RAM module, eventually switch modules if it doesn´t boot as well

to get into BIOS it should be F2 or F8
for boot menu hit F12

Last edited:
Reactions: ftothn
Solution
Apr 28, 2020
Thank you! Removing the CMOS battery and then pushing the power button helped opening the BIOS menu. And now what should I do? What if some settings is wrong in the BIOS. What do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.