Toshiba SATELLITE L875 keyboard

kraheemhussaini

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hello. This is Raheem from Telangana. I had a Toshiba SATELLITE L850-B191 laptop. The motherboard got short due electrical fluctuation. So i ordered a new motherboard. But to avail i got L875 bother instead of L850. But now keyboard is giving problems. If i press "t" i get the output as "-t" or "t-". I replaced the keyboard model C850. But it is giving the same issue. Is it possible that it supports only L875 model only.
Thank you

Solution
You're advised to use the same board that came with your unit. In order to avoid compatibility issues. If the ports and the slots have no issues aligning in your laptop's chassis, you will then have to look at the BIOS the board came shipped with. I'd advise in making sure it's up to date. Give you're on a L875 board, you will need to locate BIOS and drivers for that board.

On another note, after the board swap, did you reinstall your OS? It'd be a good idea if you could also pass on a link to the board you purchased.

Lutfij

Splendid
You're advised to use the same board that came with your unit. In order to avoid compatibility issues. If the ports and the slots have no issues aligning in your laptop's chassis, you will then have to look at the BIOS the board came shipped with. I'd advise in making sure it's up to date. Give you're on a L875 board, you will need to locate BIOS and drivers for that board.

On another note, after the board swap, did you reinstall your OS? It'd be a good idea if you could also pass on a link to the board you purchased.

Solution