Toshiba Satellite Laptop Charging Issue

ITNation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
I have an 8 years old Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 laptop. I had not used it in a long time (charging issues), but a few days ago I purchased a battery replacement since my boss told me that's the most likely issue. At first it seemed to be charging my laptop, but now it started having issues again. Even when the AC adapter is plugged in the wall the battery is not charging and it stays at the same percentage or starts draining. I also realized that my AC adapter and the bottom of my computer get very hot after a pretty short time. Should I clean the inside of the laptop first or replace the AC adapter or maybe replace the AC adapter jack on the laptop? I am not sure what the problem is now. Thanks.

Solution
Get a multi-meter and start doing some testing and you will be able to find out if it is the AC jack or the AC adapter. Any decent PC shop should be able to do this to isolate the issue as well.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Get a multi-meter and start doing some testing and you will be able to find out if it is the AC jack or the AC adapter. Any decent PC shop should be able to do this to isolate the issue as well.

Solution