Toshiba Satellite laptop CPU temperatures

iedgarorozco

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite A655-S6094. My CPU is Intel core i7 and Runs at 1.73 ghz(has turbo technology and can run up to 2.9ghz). My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 310. I also have 4gb of ram. What are the recommended temperatures for my cpu and gpu. Also is this "Turbo Technology" a fancy word for overclocking? And if so when overclocking does the computer produce more heat? i.e overheat. I am using a laptop. Any help will greatly be appreciated. I have been trying to play SWTOR and when i do my laptop overheats. It overheats to the point that the laptop shuts itself down to prevent damage to the laptop. Is this because my computer cannot keep up with the game? Thanks in advance

isplayingatmyhouse

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I have this issue as well, the same model and everything. Every time I try to do something strenuous (such as play a game) the laptop overheats within minutes. I think it is some sort of software issue, as the cooling fan never seems to kick into its highest gear (and never appears to on the PC Health Monitor either.) Did you ever manage to figure out the problem?