Toshiba Satellite Laptop Restarting

SanaRlstCo

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

So I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L750.... Currently running windows 7

Firstly it was working great and running normally until it updated itself into Windows 10 and then I downgraded to Windows 7 (Here's where all the problems started)
So the restarting started when I down graded and I assumed that it was the CPU and Heatsink... Took it in to get cleaned out and they did that without a problem they tested it and no restarting what so ever....
I brought it home was doing what I usually do photoshop etc then the restarting happened again zzz
Took it back into them told them what happened so they kept it overnight and they used it and once again no restarting for them... They reset it to factory settings reinstalled Windows 7 and then I brought it home... Then it started restarting again zz my battery in my laptop is not holding charge anymore but that was fine in the past I just used it with the charger.... And still my laptop insists on restarting what is the problem??

Solution
I had a battery 5 years ago not holding charge on another laptop but every time it tried to charge it got hot. This heat was added to the laptop thus causing thermal sensors to shut down this laptop. My solution was to remove battery permanently and purchase a new one.I just used it off the mains Until it arrived.
If your laptop will not start without battery inserted remove it when it has booted see if it stay on after that.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I would say because you've had window 7 re-installed your receiving system updates in the background and will do for sometime that is why your laptop keeps rebooting. Try turning off updates for a while see if it stops.

You can do this by clicking start menu. control panel then selecting Window update options, then change setting, then select never check for updates? Put it back after your sure that's what may have been causing your restarts. but select let me know when updates occur from your drop down list. I bet it's set to automatic updates thus your constant rebooting without you knowing what the hell is going on.

SanaRlstCo

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Fingers Crossed that works - I thought it was the Graphic Drivers so I uninstalled and then they reinstalled when I turned my laptop back on... It was running perfect for about 1hr or so (give or take) and then it restarted again zzz....

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I had a battery 5 years ago not holding charge on another laptop but every time it tried to charge it got hot. This heat was added to the laptop thus causing thermal sensors to shut down this laptop. My solution was to remove battery permanently and purchase a new one.I just used it off the mains Until it arrived.
If your laptop will not start without battery inserted remove it when it has booted see if it stay on after that.

Solution