Toshiba Satellite Laptop Screen issue -- from messed up colors to a glowing black

dachiesa

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
I have a Toshiba Satellite L6somethingsomething laptop, duo core.

The display has been fine until now but had the following issues:
--First, it was fine. While it was running (I was afk) i came back and noticed what looked like some smudging on my screen. I wiped the screen off but when I looked closely, the colors were messed up, as if the color palate had over colored. I could see my background and windows and everything, but it was very grainy. So I decided to restart.

-Upon restart, I saw the following:
--"Black screen" -- and by black screen I mean it was on (glowing)
--Couldn't see mouse or any windows details
--However, I did hear the Windows 7 chime, letting me know I should log in.
--I tried forcing shutdown a couple times and got the black screen (again, not black screen of death or anything, the glowing black screen)

This tells me windows is starting up, but my display's not showing it.

What does that sound like? Hardware connection? Damage to the screen? Video driver?

Details/background - was a refurb, i've had it about two years or more now. I have had some other issues here and there but never with the display. I have opened it up to repair the keyboard in the past. I haven't opened it up to check the display connections inside yet. I mainly use it for email, wordprocessing and light gaming.

Note: I posted this in "Displays" and got one answer, the screen's dead, replace it or get a new laptop. Please excuse me for posting again but I wanted to check in this forum, as I realize it's more appropriate.

Thanks!