Solved! Toshiba Satellite M645 - S4047 battery change

Sxino

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
I got this laptop since ~ 2014 and the battery passed away.
Here are the specs of it:
https://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=2710983&isFromTOCLink=false

The codes of the battery are: pa3817u-1brs , pa3818u-1brs
Voltage: 10.8, Storage: 4400mAh, 48Wh

Unfortunately I did not find the same code of the battery, but I found another one with different code and different powers. It is a generic battery, with code: pa3635u-1brm , pa3634u-1brm
Voltage: 11.1, Storage: 5200mAh

I have tried in the store and it FITS in the laptop, but I tell them that I will buy it if I don´t find the original one.
Should I buy this battery?

Solution
I would not get the battery. You really need to get an OEM one and not an aftermarket one. They are hit or miss and can even not work at all in a device. Plus, you should always get one with the same specs.

Try searching google with this... Toshiba Satellite M645 - S4047 battery ...and then click on the shopping option for the list. Many batteries listed there. You can also always try contacting the manufacturer.
I would not get the battery. You really need to get an OEM one and not an aftermarket one. They are hit or miss and can even not work at all in a device. Plus, you should always get one with the same specs.

Try searching google with this... Toshiba Satellite M645 - S4047 battery ...and then click on the shopping option for the list. Many batteries listed there. You can also always try contacting the manufacturer.

Solution